Our Adverntures in Traverse City

In the morning we set off on our road trip… eventually

As we grow older I realize that getting ready to leave for a vacation is not the start of our much needed rest and relaxation. It’s the start of frustration, stress, anger, annoyance and disappointment. Which is my usual demeanor and therefore we were not off to a good start.  Naturally, while we were getting ready for our Traverse City vacation we were running out of time with an ever-expanding list of to-do and forget-me-nots. I now understand why my parents rarely looked relaxed and ready to enjoy time together. We were ready for a time out in opposite corners of the house.

Adam filled our car to the roof with essentials… some of which were being dropped off with our dog in Muskegon with my in-laws. Afterward I would be able to straighten out my legs which for the time being had to be firmly folded against my seat, sigh want…. An… Element. Thank God they were willing to take her for 4 days and 3 blissful nights. We packed her crate, food, toys, treats, our luggage, snacks (snack packs as I named them.), books, and magazines (I always have lofty ideas that I will catch up on my relaxing literature when vacationing). We packed more clothing than necessary because we would experience transitional weather so you back light and you also pack warm. From our CIVIC you would swear we were leaving for a two-week tour somewhere. But we Ramseyers were headed to Traverse City for 4 days and 3 nights. Seriously, how do people travel with kids? Or right, by mini van.

Our goal was to drop off Maya by 10AM so we could be on the road and in Traverse as early as possible.  So by 9:20AM we were supposed to be packed and pulling out of our driveway. Except that we weren’t. Eventually we packed ourselves in and shoved Maya into the remaining empty space on the back seat at 9:40AM. Within 10 minutes she gave up on actually enjoying the trip and curled herself up into a cream-colored donut.

And cue the rainstorm.

We arrived in Muskegon with only 20-minute delay (not bad by my severely late standards.) Quick instructions and many “thank yous” later we were down to two. Admo and C-line were headed to Traverse City.

And cue the strong winds with rainstorms. Awesome.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s